Sapperstein & Murway’s Venus is a Hit – From the Award Winning Director, Ruth K. Brown
As a director I appreciated the fact that with my recent production of Women are from Venus; Men are from Uranus, J&G provided flexibility in casting, script usage and script changes to accommodate my vision and the limitations of the venue.
Royalty fees are on a sliding scale including the estimated audience size which is a key consideration for community venues. Royalty fees also include a CD with all of the music and sound effects required for the production. This is done using the PRESS PLAY method developed by J&G. For any low budget community theatre, complex sets can also pose problems. J&G keep their sets simple, i.e., often a single room, to keep production costs down.
I found the J&G staff very accommodating. They reached out during the rehearsal period to make sure any problems were resolved easily and reasonably. Permission, royalty and photo usage forms were provided quickly and in an easy-to-use format. J&G wishes to build relationships with those who perform their works, and they have already sent me FREE perusal copies of three additional plays for my future consideration.
As part of my theatre work I also serve on the Board of Directors of the Delaware Theatre Association (DTA). DTA sponsors an annual short play festival showcasing work performed by community based theatres. Conversations with J&G have led to a commitment to re-write Women are from Venus; Men are from Uranus to a shorter length allowing submission at the 2014 festival which I will be directing with great enthusiasm.
In summary, my experiences working with J&G Unlimited, Inc. were delightful; and I will continue to consider and to recommend their works to other directors!
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH TLC Scripts AS PER RUTH:
- On-site printing capabilities so flexibility on what is received can usually be accommodated
- PRESS PLAY to eliminate or greatly reduce music and sound effect license fees
- Royalty fees are on a sliding scale including size of expected audiences
- Royalty fees include a PRESS PLAY CD with the sounds/music required by the script
- Flexibility with casting and even script versioning
- Permission and license forms are quickly received and easy to use
- Production photos and/or videos on their Facebook page for increased promotion
- Outreach during rehearsal period with the intent to help ensure production success
- Accommodation of other theatrical requirements if using one of their productions in a different way
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
THANK YOU! You have successfully subscribed!